Active Engine Company No. 3
On March 10, 1924, under the leadership of Ex-Chief Ernie Kretsman, Active Engine Company No. 3 was charted by 24 local citizens. The beginnings of the Active Company were quite humble, using a hand-drawn hose cart. Late in 1924, a third Model T Ford pumper was purchased by the Village and Active Company joined the medern era of fire-fighting.
In 1930, plans were approved for a new firehouse, and in February 1931, Active Company moved its quarters to the present location on Atlantic Avenue. Unfortunately, the Active house was a victim of fire on a dark night in June of 1970. Damage to the House was moderate, nevertheless the building was quickly restored through the spirit and efforts of Active Company members.